The 28th Natural Products Expo East, produced by New Hope Natural Media, was held at the Baltimore Convention Center, September 19 - 22, 2012 in Baltimore, MD. Expo East is the East Coast's premier tradeshow and conference for the natural, organic and healthy living industry. The show brought together over 21,000 attendees and 1,550 exhibits from more than 96 countries.
"What resonated most with me was the message of honesty, community and integrity delivered by our keynote speaker Alice Waters. These are the same core values that drive the brands and buyers in the natural products marketplace and was reflected in attendance and exhibitors at this year's show," said Erica Stone, Expo East Show Director.
Over 36% of the exhibit base, was comprised of companies new to the natural channel. "Expo East is without question the ideal location to debut a product," said Brandon Partridge, CEO, Skyland Foods. "Attendees at Expo East want to know the stories behind the brands and connect on a deeper level."
"Expo East allows retailers the opportunity to place a face behind a voice," said Ed Gruvman, owner of Nutrition S'mart Organic Food and Vitamin Center.
The official Natural Products Expo East Show Awards were bestowed upon these remarkable brands and products:
• Best Packaging: Angie's Kettle Corn by Angie's Artisan Treats
• Most Innovative: Sea Sprinkles by Seasnax
• Best New Green Product: Eco Nuts Natural Laundry Soap by Eco Nuts
• Best New Food: Parmesan & Rosemary Popcorn by Quinn Popcorn, and Coconut Tea by Dr. B's Premium Microbrewed Tea
• Best New Health & Beauty: Raw Honey Face Wash by Worker B
• Best New Supplements/Herbs: Ultra Collagen Booster by Reserveage Organics
• Best of Press: Garlic and Herbs Culinary Spread by Earth Balance
• NEXTY Editors' Choice award winners: One Degree Organics, Vega, Sir Richard's Condom Company
• NEXTY Poll award winners: TCHO, YouTheory, Eco Nuts, OJO Fortified Eye Care Nectar
Co-located with Natural Products Expo East was the 6th annual Organic Summit, an open and in-depth discussion on breaking organic industry issues. The predominate discussion at the Summit was around efforts to pursue GMO labeling, lead by legacy industry leader, Gary Hirshberg, Co-Founder, Chairman, Stonyfield Farm Inc.