From: Packaging News
The Carlsberg Group has recently begun to use ExcelRise’s R100 100% recycled plastic film for multipacks in Sweden.
ExcelRise, a French film producer part of Ceisa Packaging, said the project is part of Together Towards ZERO, a global project led by the Carlsberg Group to reduce its environmental footprint.
The ExcelRise group said the R100 deployed under the Carlsberg brand in Sweden will contain at least 30% recycled content from Carlsberg plants in Europe. The remaining 70% will come from post-industrial or post-consumer waste.
Nanna Harbo, senior packaging innovation manager at Carlsberg Group, said: “We are
helping consumers move towards a more sustainable lifestyle by introducing a range of packaging innovations that will minimize the environmental impact of our beers. We are pleased to work with ExcelRise and Ceisa Packaging. Our collaboration has been very fruitful from the initial idea to the implementation. Together, we have overcome many challenges, and we are proud of the result; a high-quality plastic film with a lower carbon footprint that fits perfectly into our sustainability program, Together Towards ZERO.”
Arthur Lepage, president of ExcelRise, added: “With the Carlsberg group, we are deploying a unique circular loop project using the waste from their breweries to make packaging films that are then reused. We want to become the leader in high recycled content packaging plastic films through our complete control of the value chain.”